Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Stop the world and let me off

Some weeks are crazier than others and this one is shaping up to be one of the craziest in recent history. Since I last posted here my days have been insanely full but this is the norm for May (and why it is one of my least favorite months). Why does everyone schedule events in May? Since last Thursday I have attended the school picnic and served sno-cones for 3 hours, gotten my son and daughter to their soccer games, attended a wedding, did the mom day things for both moms, gotten the other daughter home from track practice, met to plan the girl scout Chicago trip, taken minutes at a 2 hour plus parent school council meeting, went to the girl scout bridging ceremony and worked my 40 hour a week job. We still have a track meet at which I have to work concessions, a couple of soccer and track practices and a 45th anniversary party for my parents to get through. Hopefully Sunday stays open because my oldest desperately needs a new pair of skateboard shoes. We are presently using duct tape to keep them together.
Luckily, I have found a small amount of time to knit. While visiting on Mom's day I finished one of the two american girl doll sweaters ordered by Maple. Picture is not the best since I took it last night during the storm (poor lighting) but this one is peach and the blue yarn next to it is in process of becoming the next one. If things go well tonight at the track meet, I should get home by 8pm so that will leave about an hour in my day to get some more knitting in. Hoping to finish and get them blocked and ready to go by the weekend.

I also managed to get the onions in the garden last night before the rain. Dave got some lettuce and radishes in a couple of night ago and the tomato and pepper plants have been purchased and are residing in the garage presently. Sunday may be the day to finish putting in the garden as well as going shoe shopping and lets not forget that the house is a mess, gotta fit in some house cleaning. Time to head to work.

1 comment:

Alpaca Granny said...

Oh, my gawd, Pam. You bring back so many memories..... I admire you. Hang in there.
The "hoodie" is lovely. Don't hurry though. We've got all the time in the world.