Monday, May 7, 2007

Shawl Knitting Begins


I made the trip north today after work to join some lovely ladies in an evening of knitting. These ladies have been meeting every Monday night since last fall, conquering a new sock pattern each month. I haven't been able to join them up until now since my Mondays have been committed to parent school council meetings or the 4H knitting group. But today the stars aligned (in other words, no 4H because no school, records day and no meeting) so my evening was free and, the best part, they have decided to do shawls for the summer and I have had pattern (Point D'Esprit Shawl from Aurora Yarns) and yarn (100% Alpaca from Drops) sitting here for months waiting for me to start. A sign from the heavens... me thinks.

So off I traipsed to Sip N Knit in Ithaca for knitting and socializing. If you are ever in the area I recommend a stop as it is a lovely yarn shop and they serve very tasty sandwiches, soup and slushies. (They also have coffees but I don't have the taste buds for that particular beverage, everyone else seems to enjoy it though.) Did a little socializing, a little knitting (progress pictured along with pattern picture of what it will be when done) and generally relaxed for a couple of hours. Just the way every Monday should end.

1 comment:

Alpaca Granny said...

Was so awesome to have you join us, Pam. Hoping that you will be able to knit with us more often.