Saturday, May 19, 2007

Creative Wrapping 101

I picked up a gift certificate for my parents for their 45th wedding anniversary. We are heading over to my sister's house for a family get together in honor of the folks in about an hour. So...I was looking around trying to come up with a way to wrap the certificate. Certificates are great to give and get but they are kinda boring when it comes to the whole gift opening/surprise thing.
Looked through the stash of gift bags and ran across this short little cream colored guy that reminded me of a vase. Thought of the lilacs (which my dad likes) that are growing in various locations in the yard. Now I just needed a vase that travels.
Cottage cheese container, tissue paper and a ribbon and we had it. Put water in the container, place cover on container to prevent splashing, insert flowers into slits cut into cover, wrap with tissue paper held in place with ribbon. More tissue paper in the bag to hold the container and flower steady, insert card and gift certificate in back behind flowers and presto...a nicely wrapped gift certificate. Not too shabby if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

Alpaca Granny said...

You're so smart, Pam