Saturday, May 5, 2007

A New Hobby

Welcome to my new hobby, blogging. Time I started figuring out what this blogging is all about. If nothing else, it will give me something to look back on to figure out what I did last week since the memory isn't what it used to be.

Eventually, once I figure this all out, I will be sharing pictures of what is currently on my needles, recent patterns created for my daughters collection of dolls, how my garden grows and the progress of my current adventure, cotton growing.

Best day of this week was Wednesday. I took a vacation day and treated myself to a Lucy Neatby class. It was such fun and the day flew by. Lucy shared lots of tips and tricks for double knitting. This is a technique I have been playing with recently when I made a hot pad/trivet for my sister in law. She wanted a hot pad big enough to set a cake pan on and pampered chef no longer carries theirs. So last time I was in the yarn shop I picked up some wool and away we went. Some basic double knitting and a little bit of felting and we had a hot pad made to order. Mailed it off to her a couple of days ago. Still waiting to hear from her but hopefully she will like it.

No comments: