Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A man and his remote

Don't get between a man and his remote! Our youngest showed his temper earlier today by throwing the remote. We recently applied parental limits on the cable so that the kids would have to go outside or do something else besides watch cartoons. Apparently, Travis was upset when his time was up so he threw the remote and busted it. Like all current technology, using the cable without a remote is not an easy thing. Well, Dad got home, discovered the broken remote and went off the deep end (hmmm wonder where Travis gets his temper from?).

Anyways, Travis (and the other kids by default) are now all banned from the cable. Travis is also banned from the computer. Dave's blood pressure should go down in about an hour and I have disappeared to the computer since conflict and me have never gotten along.

I left Dave with the suggestion that we bring the other cable box from the basement up to the living room TV (has a working remote but of course they are not interchangeable remotes) and we move the living room cable box to the bedroom. This provides me with a few more options of things to watch when the neighbors are over for sports and I disappear with my knitting into the bedroom. Getting up to change the channel doesn't bother me. I remember when TV used to be black and white and someone had to hold the antenna to get the picture to come in correctly.

Kids are now off to bed so it is probably save to go pick up my knitting and relax. I am about to start the collar...the end is near.

No comments: