Monday, November 12, 2007

Side tripping

As I type this my shawl pattern lays next to the keyboard and looks back at me accusingly because I have pretty much ignored it over the last week or so. I got side tracked turning this fiber which is the result of my first dyeing attempt


into this single


and then plying that single with my first spinning which I did about 1 year ago


into 170 yards of this

which I am thinking will soon become a pair of mittens to go with my brown coat. We will return to the shawl pattern as soon as we admit to the error we made which means I need to go back about 10 rows in the already completed portion, rework and then continue on.

1 comment:

Dot Com Mom said...

Good Job! I admire your stamina. I don't have the patience to spin, but I do admire those who do.