Saturday, July 7, 2007

Vacation in Maine

Maine was beautiful. We took off on Saturday morning and by Sunday evening we had made it to Portland, Maine (driving, of course, with 4 kids). Maine reminded me a lot of the upper peninsula of Michigan only on a grander scale. The hills and mountains are higher, the rocks are bigger and the water is colder. The kids had a wonderful time climbing on rocks and daring the waves as they came in one the tide. Most of the time the waves won.

We did lots of hiking through Acadia trying to burn off the energy of 4 kids cooped up in a car for too long. Most days it worked and we didn't leave any of them behind in Maine so it was a good vacation. Here is the gang on one of the trails and another shot of a rock they all thought looked like an 'L' which is a joke with the neighbor - L stands for Loser and we will have to get this one framed for the Big M.


If anyone has thought about visiting Maine I would say go for it. We all had lots of fun. On the way home we stopped at several locations including Step Falls in Newry Maine


Toured Ben and Jerry's ice cream factory in Vermont and also the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory. Lots of fun.

When I got home I had a package waiting for me. It was the 2008 knitting calendar. I had submitted one of my patterns and they included it in next year's calendar. Guess I can now say I have been published.

3 comments:

Alpaca Granny said...

Hey, congratulations on being published. That's so neat. Missed you last night.

Sarah said...

Congrats on being published!

Kirsten said...

I love Maine, and haven't been there in about 13 years. It looks as if it was beautiful.

Congrats on being published- great job!