Saturday, May 16, 2009

For Mary and Maple - part1...

OK...I'll update the blog with everything I have been doing other than blogging. But considering we are looking at 3 months worth of knitting and things I'll break it up into multiple posts so you don't have to swallow it all in one big gulp.





First up the Cobblestone sweater. It was questionable a few times there but it has been completed and worn. He likes the fit and says it is quite warm. He wore it once before winter stepped aside for spring.

I also finally put the cuffs on the slippers I was working on before Christmas when Travis showed interest in wearing them. These are perfect for him because there was yarn for three slippers which means he has an extra one in case of loss. Being 9, this tends to happen to him occasionally. Pattern was from the 2008 Interweave Knits Holiday Issue.












Next, Cary from Serenity Farms taught us how to make thrummed mittens one Saturday morning at Sip N Knit. I am really happy with how mine turned out and they were a lot of fun to make.











Finally, the east side of the barn now has steel on it. Dave had a down week and a neighbor who works for GM had time on his hands. One more side to go.

1 comment:

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Oh my Pam, I am so far behind in reading blogs but I wanted to say how great all of your knitting looks and HURRAY on the sweater ;D