Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby Blocks

My current project started with my sister presenting me with 4 balls of yarn. She needed a baby blanket for a friend who is due at the end of this month. She would have just purchased a blanket but this friend is not your traditional baby colors kind of person as you can see in the picture. We are working on a baby blanket in brown, rust and off white. I decided to experiment with patterns I hadn't tried before so we have a different pattern on each block. I intend to sew the blocks together and then put a garter stitch border around the edge using what remains of the yarn. We should make our due date in good time unless the baby decides otherwise.

I thought I had also completed my husbands cobblestone sweater. I had knit the body of the sweater twice before I got the waist how he wanted it. Took 3 tries before I got the cuffs right. Thought I was home free until he tried it on for me. Waist is excellent, cuffs are delightful, shoulders and upper arms need some work. Apparently my husband is not your average middle age dude. Waist is a small, shoulders are a large. I have no complaints about his measurements except when it comes to making a sweater for him. I will be frogging the shoulders and half of each arm as soon as the blanket is done. I may have pictures for you sometime before I retire.

2 comments:

Alpaca Granny said...

Pam, you are so awesome!

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Having seen the nearly completed baby blanket, I can honestly say it is beautiful!!! I think the husband better model that sweater for the photos ;D When it is finished, of course!